The origins of what is now The Foundry Church, go back over sixty years to September 1949, when a decision was taken to hold a series of tent meetings in Widnes, with a view to establishing a Pentecostal church.
During its history, the church, initially called ‘Peniel’, has experienced both moments of great encouragement and challenge, and has appreciated the faithful leadership of both its pastors and members.
Initially the group met in a variety of locations. Eventually, the church was able to build a new building in Coronation Drive, Widnes, which proved to be a catalyst for such growth, that new premises had to be sought.
In the early 1980’s a decision was taken to purchase a six acre site in the centre of Widnes, previously occupied by Widnes Foundry. In September 1985 the large new facilities were opened, followed by 45 bungalows for the elderly within Fair Havens Court.
The Foundry Church is privileged to own the superb facilities within The Foundry Village, and honours the faith and commitment of those who made it possible.
In addition to the church, and housing charity, two other properties on our site are used by our Lighthouse Foundation, to provide accommodation and rehabilitation for men.