You and I think around 30,000 thoughts per day. The only two people who know those thoughts are you and God. Gulp! I don’t know about you but that puts the fear of God in me! So we really need our minds transforming so that, we can think in a way that honours God. Here’s five things that are helping me transform my mind…
1. Drown out negative thoughts with scripture.
“ For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” - Hebrews 4:12
2. Speak the name of Jesus over negative thoughts.
“We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” - 2 Corinthians 10:5
3. Know who you are in Christ.
“you are no longer a slave, but God’s child” - Galatians 4:7
4. Ask a friend, Connect Group Leaders about your thinking.
5. When you do have a negative thought.
“When it comes to toxic thoughts, admit it, quit it, beat it.” - Dr Caroline Leaf
You are not alone, this side of heaven we all need our minds to be continually transformed. And thankfully we have the Holy Spirit living inside us and the church alongside us to helps on our way.
Let’s be transformed together.
- What negative thought patterns need transforming in your life?
- What practical steps can you take towards transformation?
- Which bible verse can you use to replace that thought? Eg if you have fearful thoughts, Romans 8:15 would be great.