I hate to admit it, but I’m a pretty gullible person sometimes. I have a tendency to believe whatever I’m told. This has led me to make a fool of myself or get ripped off on many occasions.
When I believe these lies it always seems to come at a cost. Like Adam & Eve in Genesis 2:15-3:10. Life is SWEET for Adam and Eve and oh boy, the enemy does like it when life is going sweet.
Enter the enemy (embodied by a serpent). From the word go in their conversation, we see the enemy lies to Eve. First of all he lies about the sincerity of God by asking the question “But did God really say...?” Then he moves on lying to Eve about the risk and reward by distorting her vision so she could no longer see all the GOOD that God had promised her and could only see the temptation that was right in front of her.
Have you ever heard those whispers of the enemy? The whispers that make you question Gods word, Gods sincerity or Gods integrity? Perhaps you’ve heard those whispers that say “taste this, try this, eat this, do this – it won’t do you any harm”. Or maybe you’ve simply been blinded to God’s goodness and something tells you that those promises God made aren’t worth waiting for, aren’t worth being obedient for, aren’t worth standing up for. These are lies.
The truth about lies is lies lead us to one place... death. But the truth leads us to FREEDOM (John 8:32). The bible is FULL of life-changing TRUTHS. It’s full of promises of Gods goodness.
If, like me, you’re sick of falling for the enemies lies... it’s time to stand on truth. Because the truth we stand on today will determine the lies we fall for tomorrow.
How do we do it?
1) FIND THE TRUTH. Get yourself a bible (get in touch if you don’t have one!), get it open, read it, enjoy it, live it. Spend time with God, He is truth. To hear from God is to hear the truth.
2) PRAY FOR VISION. Ask God to reveal to you areas that you have fallen for the enemies lies and ask him to open up your eyes so you can see the goodness of God.
3) MAKE A STAND. Whatever comes your way. Temptation, Doubt, Insecurity...Choose truth.
- Have you ever experienced the enemy attacking your faith by planting a seed of doubt?
- Are there any areas in your life where the enemy may be distorting your vision or blinding you to Gods goodness?
- Do you have any bible verses that you cling to, to fight LIES with TRUTH?